This course is aimed at individuals who plan to, or who already working with epidemic and/or ecological models using ordinary differential equations and wish to learn the mathematical background of these models.
Topics covered include:
- the concept of differentiation and integration,
- ordinary differential equations (ODEs),
- the population growth ODE model with and without carrying capacity,
- equilibrium and steady states of ODES,
- numerical integration including Euler method,
- R packages for numerical integration,
- the predator-prey ODE model.
This course has tutor support. Use the Q&A box to ask questions.