This online course is for absolute beginners in R who wish to learn the basics of a wide range of topics in base R.
R is a free to use open source software that is widely used for data visualisation, statistical analysis and mathematical modelling. At the end of this course you will be able to:
- understand the different components the RStudio console,
- create and save R scripts,
- comment R code,
- understand common R errors and warnings,
- read in data sets from external files,
- create summary tables and plots of data sets,
- perform basic data cleaning,
- write your own R function.
The course is made up of online notes with example R code, as well as exercises and quizzes. No prior knowledge of R is required.
This course has tutor support. Use the Q&A box to ask questions.